Stranice

Monday 4 January 2016

Breaking the Spines Tag

Breaking the Spines Tag

I found this tag on goodreads and decided to do it on my blog. The questions are fairly easy and I think everyone likes to discuss this topic.
  
1. Do you break the spines? Or do you prefer to keep your books looking new?
No, I don't break spines intentionally nor on purpose because I prefer my books to look as pretty as possible.
2. For those who don't like broken spines, have you ever accidentally broken one?
Yes, and sometimes there is no avoiding it. Some books can't be read without breaking their spines.
3. If you are buying a used book, and the spine is broken, how do you feel about it? 
Well, it bothers me a little bit but a book is a book regardless of its condition. However, I try to avoid buying the book with the broken spine if there are other intact copies available.
4. Do you agree or disagree with the opinion some people have on broken spines meaning that a book is well loved?
Yes, I agree. It may bother me when my books are damaged but I don't mind seeing people reading books with broken spines. It only shows that they really like the book and have reread it multiple times
5. Because the spines on hardback books can't visibly break, do you prefer buying hardback books over paperback books? 
Where I live there is not many hardback editions of books and if there is, they are very expensive. So no, I don't buy hardbacks. Although one day when I am rich, I will... xD




No comments:

Post a Comment